Sunday, February 15, 2015

Banking- an Unsafe Business


 According to an article from CNN Money, 100 banks were recently hacked. The hackers used spyware to mimic the transfers and transactions that employees would normally make. Even ATM's were manipulated to spit out money. There was someone waiting by the ATM to obtain the money as it was being released. This worries me because I make a weekly deposit of my paycheck into my bank. There is even a sign up that says my money is protected by the federal government up to a certain amount of money. Hackers have become smart with computers and technology that even the smartest and strongest firewalls and anti-spyware are able to be fooled. I wonder if I should hide my money under my mattress or in the freezer to ensure it is protected?  









Photo courtesy of  http://figures.boundless.com/21308/full/stacks-of-money.jpe

Article courtesy of http://money.cnn.com/2015/02/15/technology/security/kaspersky-bank-hacking/index.html?iid=H_T_News

No comments:

Post a Comment